On the occasion of the public consultation on Streamlining of planning and reporting obligations as part of
the Energy Union governance, EFIEES would like to draw attention to the following principles that should
guide the Energy Union’s governance:
- Adequate information and data are an essential precondition for a high-quality planning and reportingsystem.
- Planning and reporting should be carried out separately for heat and electricity.
- Planning must be made at the appropriate level. Regarding the heat sector, the local level is the right one.
- Harmonised and binding templates would facilitate planning and reporting and make them more transparent and comparable between MS
- “Energy Efficiency First” based on cost-effectiveness should be prioritised